31 December 2011

Feliz Ano Nueve!

(Pretend there's a ~ over that 'n' in the title please.)

Suprise post from Spain! I can't wait to get back to regular posting, but I am enjoying my time here. Journaling has taken over for blogging it seems - I've written almost as much since Dec. 17 in Spain as I did the entire time I was in Rome!

It certainly hasn't been easy here. I think my hardest problem has been the language barrier. Sometimes I think I understand them and start a task, only to discover I missed a crucial instruction! (I'll tell you about the pine cone incident later).

Right now there's a party raging on the property. It's not just a farm; there's actually a small hotel and tonight it's full! I'm in front of the fire I MADE in the living room though (yeah, that's right, I can officially start a fire in a fireplace. I can also catch chickens).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! The Spaniards chuckled at me when I wished them Happy New Year instead of Feliz Ano (again, pretend there's a ~). We ate 12 grapes as the Church bell rang out midnight.




Note: the Spaniards I were with were much classier. However, there was confusion as to when to start eating grapes.

I would also like to inform you that I'm currently listening to one dog snore, and watching two other dogs twitch in their sleep. So far 2012 is off to a good start.

But seriously, 2011 was an amazing year. I met a lot of awesome people, started my nine months in Europe (and this blog), turned 21 (in Barcelona), and a million other good things. There were a lot of bumps - a lot - but it ended well.

2012 will be better. How do I know? I just do. Because I'm determined that now matter how good or bad it is sometimes I will try to find the good. I will remember that life goes on and life happens and this too shall pass. Even when you just want to wallow.

Because 2011 helped teach/reinforce a lot of that.

Happy New Year!

Baci,
Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment