24 November 2011

Happy Turkey Day from Roma!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I'm spending my Thanksgiving not forcing more food in my belly, but rather preparing for my trip this weekend. I'm going to Krakow, Poland and Auschwitz. I think it's an appropriate way to spend my Thanksgiving abroad, being thankful for everything I do have and not worrying about what I don't.

Never fear though. I have had the requisite turkey, corn, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and stuffing. I also had pumpkin ravioli aka THE GREATEST RAVIOLI EVER.

Last night the JFRC hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner. Everyone expected the usual Mensa/cafeteria lines but instead we had tables with gold and maroon table clothes (yay, school spirit!), candles, delicious Chianti, and even little children running all over the place (Thank you Iodice, Schwarten, and Rinaldo families for providing absolutely adorable runnong-around-children).

It was fantastic. The food was WONDERFUL (way to step it up Mensa), the atmosphere delightful, and did I mention the pumpkin ravioli? (Which you can apparently find at Caputo's and other Italian grocery stores.)

Today I'm going to do laundry for my trip this weekend, work on my philosophy papers, eat Digestives+Peanut butter+milk chocolate, and generally be thankful.

I found this really interesting: How Americans Abroad are Spending Thanksgiving (an interactive map)

Baci e Grazie,
Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment